Thursday, January 15, 2009

pameran poskad



Last week I went to pick up the artwork I bought at Pameran Poskad '08 - I was so excited! In all I bought nine pieces. This was one of the most fun exhibitions I've been to - there were around 2000 postcard sized artworks, all for sale, created by 228 artists ranging from some big names to art students. There were photographs, prints, paintings, paperworks - all sorts of media, at very reasonable prices. The opening party was fun too - and a bit frantic as people eagerly bought up their favourites. It was also great to bump into artist friends I haven't seen for ages - so it turned out to be a bit of a reunion. Hopefully next time I'll get to know about this in time to put some work in! Anyway, for now I am enjoying my purchases...One of my favourites is by Li Sze - 'Wanna the frog out my mind!' - a really fun piece. Another that I love is by Yuri, entitled 'Sakura 4' - an inspired piece - simple yet very elegant - handmade paper created to resemble blossom petals.

2 comments:

Gina said...

How fun. I was just reading about postcard sized art on Etsy the other day. Now I want to go to a show.

stargazer said...

Hi Gina - It's great fun! I think what I liked most about it was that there were established artists, amateurs, students altogether - somehow made it very exciting. I know it takes a lot of work to plan but hopefully there'll be another one here sometime...